I started in construction when I was 13 years old, working summers for a local builder. When I went to college I paid my way working summers as a carpenter. We built pole barns , milk houses and other agricultural buildings. Later I worked for a bank as their property manager and a mortgage officer. While working for the bank I learned residential electric wiring and did that for several years on the side. I left the bank and started a contracting business. We built commercial and residential buildings and did a lot of remodeling and additions. We worked in a city neighborhood redevelopment program for several years doing rehabs to older buildings.
Twenty one years ago I started in the inspection business as a state certified building Inspector. I did commercial and residential inspections. During that time I also built on the side.
I have the most experience in commercial and residential building of anyone in this area, and I want to use that experience to help you make the best decision about your investment.
Training, Certifications & Licenses
- Trained and certified by InterNACHI
- International Code Council-Certified
- Certified commercial inspector
- Certified by State of Michigan Building inspector
- State of Michigan Residential Builder LICENSED l256481
- Certified for moisture intrusion
- Certified in Septic systems inspections
- Radon measurement service provider
- I have done some teaching in the building trades at the Community College level.
- I have been to other parts of the world on building projects.
- I will do inspections in all the areas I’m certified in.